What You Provide | What
your website is a process that will have a tremendous effect
on how it turns out. How well you have planned will effect how
your new website will look, how well it will function, how completely
it meets your needs and expectations, and how much it will cost!
In this section we will try to address every question you may
have about planning and creating your perfect website. There is
a great deal you can do to reduce the total cost of your site.
By planning thoroughly and providing the information we need in
the form that we need, you can help us build your site quickly
and to your expectations. This will save you money and possibly
a few headaches!
About Search Engines
| About E-Commerce
| Back |
1. Decide purpose of site. Do you want
to provide information for clients and customers, or sell products
directly (Do you need a Shopping Cart, Merchant Account?)
2. Do you need to register a Domain
Name? (ie: www.yourname.com) If so, we can help you check
availability and register your domain for you.
3. Do you need hosting? High
quality hosting at very reasonable prices is available with
Site-Maker, or you may choose another company to host your website.
4. Plan out the number of pages and
their titles. The name of your homepage might be your company
name and whatever product you are offering. Titles/links to
other pages might be "About Company", "Products",
"Services", "Contact", "FAQ",
"Guestbook", "Order Form", etc.
5. Get a copy of company logo, letterhead,
(hard copy or digital format) brochures, catalog,etc. and mail
or email them to Site-Maker.
6. Decide specifically what graphics/photos
you would like on your site and which pages your want them on.
Label them by name and where they will be located on your site.
Send the photos for scanning or send digitized images on a diskette
7. Compose and format text to
be on each page of site. All text and information is to be provided
by the client and provided via floppy disk or CD Rom, or sent
to Site-Maker by e-mail on Microsoft Word. Otherwise, there
will be a small charge for typing.
8. Decide if you want any additional
options for your site: Shopping Cart, Site-Map, Guestbook,
Links to Related Sites, Sound or Music, Animation, Additional
Forms, Java Scrollers& Effects, Autoresponders, Password Protection,
Bulletin Boards, Database
9. Do some research on the www.
Using various search engines, do a number of searches using
keywords that you think are best for a site like yours. Bookmark
the sites that come up in the top 2 or 3 positions when the
keywords you have used bring up a lot of relevant websites.
This will give you important keyword knowledge, ideas for the
layout and content of your site, and examples of sites that
rank high with search engines for Site-Maker to work from to
design effective meta tags and keyword content.
10. Browse the links below or at
the top of this page for answers to questions and for ideas
about planning and building a successful website with Site-Maker
as your partner.
1. Outline of website pages, starting with
2. Names of all links to other sections and all pages in each
3. Titles for each page
4. Complete content and text for each page, must be in file
form preferably Word, and formatted the way you want it to look
on the website. We will need to charge an hourly rate to author,
type or format text that is not in a formatted file form
5. Logo in hard copy or digital file form. Logo design is available
if you need one for $500-$2500 depending on complexity.
6. Graphics for each page in the form of photos for scanning
or in digital file form. Each image should be labeled by name
and the location where your want it displayed. Graphics that
require extensive cleaning up or editing will be charged our
7. Keywords that you decide are the most important to use for
search engine registration, we are happy to help you with this
8. All materials and information are to provided to Site-Maker
in a timely fashion to facilitate project completion according
to agreed upon timeline.
We will be happy to advise you on any of the above
during consultation phone calls and via email. We are also available
to take care of any part of the above that you cannot provide
and will perform that work at our hourly rate.
What Site-Maker Provides
| Back |
1. Custom design and layout including clean,
validated HTML, validated links
2. Custom graphics, including lines, bullets, buttons, background,
masthead and page headers from your logo
3. Meta tags utilizing keywords and site description provided
4. Basic search engine registration with the major engines.
5. One hour of consultation on our phone bill. Second hour billed
at $.10/minute. Over two hours consultation billed at our hourly
6. Completion of work in a timely fashion agreed upon by both
7. Uploading of your site to your domain upon completion of
agreed upon work, and upon receipt of the total balance due.
8. Content creation, text editing available at our hourly rate
in addition to website costs.
9. Consistent, friendly service